So, I just got back from a gorgeous bike ride in Eugene City, of course with the lovely LeeAnn, and she is mixing me up a little cocktail at the moment before we hit Zumba class, so I thought I would begin to fill you guys in!
Ok, so maybe blogging my travels wasn't the best idea i've ever had, especially considering i've been in the states for 11 days now (half way through my trip) and have posted just two entries, one of which being a slightly depressed tale from a cheaper version of the Holiday Inn in Middlesex, so I can only apologise for getting your hopes up and making you believe this might be an interesting little read!
It's been so long and i've done so much, I decided earlier that it would probably just be best to write a quick list of SOME of things i've been up to....
I have -
Hung out eating snow cones with some cool people at the pool
Had Oregon Chai (my favourite) for breakfast a lot more than once ... mmmmmm
Been to a proper American BBQ with THE most delicious home made BBQ ribs....
Taken a ride on the back on a 'Dune Buggy' with a 14 yr old boy I don't know to the top of a HUGE sand dune in Florence, OR. ( "I have never held on to a stranger so tightly" - Quote LeeAnn Genovese)
Seen Sealions in the wild
Shopped at an 'aquarium village' and visited a marine centre where I met a rather shy octopus who wanted to be my friend on facebook (Newport, OR)
Started drinking shots of coffee to keep up
Gotten (!) really spooked at a haunted lighthouse
Started to notice that many attractions on the West Coast seem to be named after the devil (Devils creek, Devils backbone, Devils punchbowl etc etc) - Why?!!?
Visited Lincoln City and loved it
Fed squirrels and chipmunks in the park
Stayed with Cindy and Jimmy (LeeAnns mum and step-father) who were amazingly kind, generous and kept me in good spirits and bloody well fed. They also let me sleep in the feather bed in the spare room!!!!!!!!!!
Been introduced to the world of gambling and ended up visiting 3 casinos in a week and spending $0 but winning $40. I also won a beer at Bingo last night :)
Got lost on the way to one of (i'd say) 350 hikes ive been on..... this made Cindy vom! hehe
Hiked
Hiked
Hiked some more
Found treasure on the beach in Lincoln City
Made a BBQ and had hotdogs on the beach
Saw pelicans at the beach
Put my feet in the pacific ocean
bored yet? maybe make yourself a drink, this could take a while (might I recommend a chai?)
Drove the entire length of the Oregon Coast
Visited cape foulweather in some not so foul weather
Visited Nye Beach - wow
Stopped at a casino and drank all the free soda
Visited Yaquina head lighthouse
Drove on to Cape Perpetua - amazing ocean views, ragged rocks, endless beaches filled with driftwood and trees that looked seriously pissed off
(maybe you should get a map up online and follow the trail? Just a thought)
Went whale watching in Depot Bay
Started rating restrooms/bathrooms/potties out of 10
Ate fish and chips in the beautiful old town on Bandon
Drove to Gold beach
Saw some purpose-built houses for stray cats
Stayed with a great couple called Alan (British) and Robin (American) in their amazing house that would rival any episode of Grand Designs I have EVER seen. amazing!
Experienced American TV... (dislike?)
Went to my favourite beach of all time, Cape Sebastian. all I can say is WOW!
Hiked uphill
Hiked downhill
Hiked across the beach
Listened to lots of Elvis Presley and plenty of Country music
Stayed in my first ever Motel - bought everyone KFC for dinner which we ate in the motel (the 4 of us were sharing a room). Asked for ice at reception, they didnt have any but agreed to put on ice machine. Woke up at 3am to find the room flooded from the ice machine next door.\
Drove to the Redwood Forest where we;
hiked, hiked and hiked some more
went rafting in the Smith river
Dressed as Hula girls and ate cake in the shape of a naked woman
and so much other stuff that I will make a seperate blog on the Redwood forest and trees of mystery because it was IMMENSE
The same goes to Crater Lake - too amazing to just write a couple of words on...
started getting quite fat (glazed donuts, philly steak sandwiches, smores, burgers, fish and chips, french fries, muffins, waffles, the list just goes on and on)
I have probably bored you to within an inch of your life now, im actually fed up of typing up this 'small' list and i have SO many details i want to add, things we have laughed about, things that have left us utterly astounded and some other randomness... but as it is, I have spent the day cycling,illegally sneaking into LeeAnns gym to attend a class that was cancelled (a sign) and experiencing the American Movie Theatre so I am off to bed and will write more tomorrow! Only a week or so left of the trip so i had better start blogging, hey?
ps. Thanks and well done for reading this to the end! Wont ever type this much again in one blog (dont have the attention span)
pps. Did you know that in Oregon its illegal to fill your own car up with Petrol, an attendant ALWAYS does it! I now understand why LeeAnn never filled up the car in France. (kate chetwood's interesting fact)
Love me xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment